Thomas Edison was born on 11 February 1847 in Milan, Ohio, United States. He was an American inventor and businessman who has been described as America’s greatest inventor. He invented many devices like electric power generation, mass communication, sound recording, and motion pictures.
These inventions, which include the phonograph, the motion picture camera, and the long-lasting, practical electric light bulb, have had a widespread impact on the modern industrialized world. He died in 1931 in West Orange, New Jersey, United States because of diabetes.
Here is an inspiring collection of Thomas Edison quotes about changing your vision and working hard for achieving success in life.
1) Vision without execution is hallucination.
2) Time is really the only capital that any human being has and the thing that he can least afford to waste or lose.
3) I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.
4) Not everything of value in life comes from books– experience the world.
5) I do not believe in the God of the theologians; but that there is a Supreme Intelligence I do not doubt.
6) I didn’t fail 1000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1000 steps.
7) I’ve never made a mistake. I’ve only learned from experience.
8) Hard work, nothing to divert my thought, clear air and simple food made my life very pleasant.
9) I readily absorb ideas from every source, frequently starting where the last person left off.
10) Discontent is the first necessity of progress.
11) Learn with both your head and hands.
12) If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.
13) Never get discouraged if you fail. Learn from it. Keep trying.
14) There is no substitute for hard work.
15) I never view mistakes as failures. They are simply opportunities to find out what doesn’t work.
16) The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil.
17) You can’t realize your dreams unless you have one to begin with.
18) I have far more respect for the person with a single idea who gets there than for the person with a thousand ideas who does nothing.
19) Surprises and reverses can serve as an incentive for great accomplishment. There are no rules here, we’re just trying to accomplish something
20) Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.
21) Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
22) The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around.
23) The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense.
24) Success is 90% perspiration and 10% inspiration!
25) I never did a day’s work in my life. It was all fun.
26) There’s a way to do it better – find it.
27) Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.
28) Maturity is often more absurd than youth and very frequently is most unjust to youth.
29) To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
30) What you are will show in what you do.
31) The thing I lose patience with the most is the clock. Its hands move too fast.
32) We shall have no better conditions in the future if we are satisfied with all those which we have at present.
33) Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
34) The value of an idea lies in the using of it.
35) Someday, man will harness the rise and fall of the tides, imprison the power of the sun, and release atomic power.
36) What a man’s mind can create, man’s character should control.
37) There is no substitute for hard work.
38) I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
39) Good fortune often happens when opportunity meets with preparation.
40) When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes.
41) I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.
42) I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.
43) There is far more opportunity than there is ability.
44) I don’t live with the past; I am living for to-day and to-morrow.
45) Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.
46) Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something.
47) Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
48) People are not remembered by how few times they fail, but by how often they succeed. Every wrong step is another step forward.
49) I never did a day’s work in my life. It was all fun.
50) We don’t know a millionth of one percent about anything.
51) If parents pass enthusiasm along to their children, they will leave them an estate of incalculable value.
52) The man who doesn’t make up his mind to cultivate the habit of thinking misses the greatest pleasure in life.
53) Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have.
54) The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will instruct his patient in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease. They may even discover the germ of old age.
55) Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.