Rabindranath Tagore was born on 7 May 1891 in Kolkata. He was the son of the religious reformer, Debendranath Tagore. He also is known as Rabi Thakur. He was a famous Bengal poet as well as a musician. In 1913 he becomes the first European and first Indian to receive Nobel prize for literature.
He wrote Jana Gana Mana, the national anthem for India, and Amar Sonar Bangla, the national anthem for Bangladesh. His Famous artworks are Head Study, Woman’s Face, Dancing Woman, Dancing Girl, Landscape, Kopf. His famous books are Gitanjali, Works of Rabindranath Tagore, Kabuliwala etc. He died on 7 August 1941 in Jorasanko Thakur Bari in Kolkata.
Explore our inspirational collection of Rabindranath Tagore on art, education and value of love and friendship.
50 Rabindranath Tagore Quotes
We’ve compiled a list of most popular Rabindranath Tagore Quotes On The Mind Without Fear. Happy reading!
1) The burden of the self is lightened when I laugh at myself.
2) Men are cruel, but Man is kind.
3) You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
4) If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.
5) Love’s gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted.
6) It is very simple to be happy, but it is very difficult to be simple.
7) Reach high, for stars lie hidden in you. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.
8) Music fills the infinite between two souls.
9) Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it.
10) God waits to win back his own flowers as gifts from man’s hands.
11) We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.
12) Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
13) Faith is a bird that feels dawn breaking and sings while it is still dark.
14) Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.
15) Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them.
16) I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever.
17) The significance which is in unity is an eternal wonder.
18) Trees are the earth’s endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.
19) The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.
20) Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it.
21) Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand.
22) The bird thinks it a favor to give the fish a lift in the air.
23) A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it.
24) Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.
25) Don’t limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time.
26) The mountain remains unmoved at seeming defeat by the mist.
27) We manage to swallow flesh, only because we do not think of the cruel and sinful thing we do.
28) I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.
29) He who is too busy doing good finds no time to be good.
30) Beauty is truth’s smile when she beholds her own face in a perfect mirror.
31) The human soul is on its journey from the law to love, from discipline to liberation, from the moral plane to the spiritual.
32) When I stand before thee at the day’s end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.
33) Fidelity in love requires abstinence, but only through it one can know the hidden beauty of love.
34) This little flute of a reed thou hast carried over hills and dales, and hast breathed through it melodies eternally new.
35) The singer has everything within him. The notes come out from his very life. They are not materials gathered from outside.
36) Dark clouds become heaven’s flowers when kissed by light.
37) To be constantly changing one’s plans isn’t decision at all-it’s indecision.
38) Gray hairs are signs of wisdom if you hold your tongue, speak and they are but hairs, as in the young.
39) We are hidden in ourselves, like a truth hidden in isolated facts. When we know that this One in us is One in all, then our truth is revealed.
40) Facts are many, but the truth is one.
41) There is no “next” after you are dead and gone from your own world.
42) The truth comes as conqueror only because we have lost the art of receiving it as guest.
43) When we rejoice in our fullness, then we can part with our fruits with joy.
44) Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on.
45) The man who aims at his own aggrandisement underrates everything else.
46) The small truth has words that are clear; the great truth has great silence.
47) Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.
48) By plucking her petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.
49) We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us.
50) Love is an endless mystery, because there is no reasonable cause that could explain it.