Mother Teresa was born on 26 August 1910 in Skopje, North Macedonia. Her real name was Mary Teresa Bojaxhiu. Mother Teresa dedicated her life to caring for the destitute and dying in the slums of Kolkata. In the year 1979, she received the Nobel Prize. Mother Teresa represents the best of humanity. Mother Teresa also received Bharat Ratna and Order Of The Smile Award. She died on 5 September 1997 in Kolkata.
Explore our inspirational collection of Mother Teresa quotes on life happiness, kindness, family love, charity and peace.
1) If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
2) Peace begins with a smile.
3) Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
4) Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.
5) Intense love does not measure, it just gives.
6) Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.
7) Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.
8) There are no great things, only small things with great love. Happy are those.
9) Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
10) If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.
11) The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
12) Even the rich are hungry for love, for being cared for, for being wanted, for having someone to call their own.
13) Being unwanted, unloved uncared for, forgotten by everybody, i think that is a much greater hunger a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
14) Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
15) To forgive takes love, to forget takes humility.
16) I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
17) Kindness has converted more people than zeal, science, or eloquence. Holiness grows so fast where there is kindness.
18) We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.
19) Poverty is not made by God, it is created by you and me when we don’t share what we have.
20) Love cannot remain by itself – it has no meaning. Love has to be put into action, and that action is service.
21) I am like a little pencil in God’s hand, he does the writing. The pencil has nothing to do with it.
22) The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved.
23) Do not let the past disturb you – just leave everything in the sacred heart, and begin again with joy.
24) What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.
25) This is the meaning of true love, to give until it hurts.
26) I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.
27) Give of your hands – to serve – and your hearts to love.
28) God doesn’t require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.
29) Go out into the world today and love the people you meet.
30) If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
31) Before you speak, it is necessary for you listen, for god speaks in the silence of the heart.
32) It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.
33) I used to believe that prayer changes things, but now i know that prayer changes us, and we change things.
34) Joy is a net of love in which you can catch souls.
35) Everything starts from prayer.
36) Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly.
37) Don’t give in to discouragement. Never bother about people’s opinions. Be obedient to truth.
38) Faith in action is love – and love in action is service.
39) Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.
40) Some people come in your life as blessings. Some come in your life as lessons.
41) We do not need guns and bombs to bring peace, we need love and compassion.
42) God has not called me to be successful. he called me to be Faithful.
43) If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.
44) Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person nearest you.
45) God allows the failure but he does not want the discouragement.
46) Live simply so others may simply live.
47) Any country that accepts abortion, is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what it wants.
48) If we pray, we will believe. If we believe, we will love. If we love, we will serve.
49) I don’t know what god is doing.He knows.We do not understand, but one thing i’m sure, he doesn’t make a mistake.
50) My secret is simple – I Pray.
51) Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
52) Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.
53) I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.
54) A life not lived for others is not a life.
55) It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish.